The foundation stone for a Hibernian Hall in Murray Street, Perth, was laid on 17 March 1902. In the words of the original architect Michael Cavanagh, it was intended to be “one of the most commodious buildings of the kind in the city” at the time. It first opened to serve the local Irish-Australian community on 26 June 1902. Engenuity was involved in a restoration project in 2017 which involved alterations to incorporate it within the new Westin Hotel, as well as the structural strengthening of the building to meet current earthquake standards by installing new steel portal frames within the existing masonry form and strengthening of the existing timber ceiling diaphragm.
Structural and heritage engineering for the refurbishment the heritage listed Hibernian Hall as part of the greater Westin Hotel redevelopment.